When it comes to being on our periods, life is not that welcoming no matter how hard one tries to indulge our terrible moods, with treats, love and surprises. The one thing I have found most beneficial is hot tea -and strictly hot tea- over all other forms of remedies. Right now, specifically while I am on my period, I find that certain teas are more enjoyable and gain the best nutrition value for what my body is lacking.
My Top Teas
- organic Raspberry Leaf by Traditional Medicinals
- Wild Raspberry Hibiscus by Stash
- Green Tea Superfruit: Acai, Dragonfruit and Melon by Lipton
Teas Not Recommended
- Raspberry Passion Perfect Energy by Yogi
Now let’s dive a little deeper into each tea, its pros and cons, its flavor profile and what it does all around for me in my most vulnerable times. Give different categories ratings to see what would work best for your needs; potency, taste, flavors, cramps, body aches, energy, relaxation.
organic Raspberry Leaf by Traditional Medicinals
This delicious herbal tea created by Herbalist is caffeine free and perfect for the female body and reproductive system! This is my go to morning tea during my placebo pill week to help ease my way into the oncoming week. For me this keeps my abdomen relaxed and what little cramping I may have endured, I can say that no pains preside with a cup of this tea upon waking. This tea also assists my cycle in helping it move along; from starting it earlier in the week instead of day 5 or 6, to helping it completely flush out to reduce spotting after the 3 days.
- Potency: 3/5 -one bag is only enough for an eight ounce cup
- Color: 3/5 –the color is a fair green, tinted in colored mugs to a richer hue
- Flavor: 5/5 –while this doesn’t visually seem like a five its flavors are outstandingly perfect for a sweet yet mellow flavor
- Cramps: 5/5 –this really targets my uterus and controls its contracting movements
- Body Aches: 2/5 –this tea does not seem to spread to headaches nor shoulder pains
- Energy: 4/5 –one cup fills the mind with a sense of rejuvenation and clarity, awakened
- Relaxation: 3/5 –while I feel a sense of calmness I am not overloaded with sleep sensations
With this tea, it must steep for the full 15 minutes to infuse the water with all the flavor it can. This gives me a little extra time to make it and forget it while I do small things around the house. Sweep up the kitty litter, load the dishwasher, fold the clean laundry, blog about the tea and so much more. If you have a long morning, this tea is perfect, it is never over steeped with too much profile for a single cup. I got this at Sprouts for I believe $3, I try to buy my tea on sale and stock up! I would recommend this tea to those who’s flows may be a tad unpredictable to help get it going and to those who tend to spot for a couple days before or after.
Wild Raspberry Hibiscus by Stash
This is by far my ultimate favorite tea of all time ever! Check out my first entry on its tastiness. This tea is strong in flavor, color, aroma. I can easily drink it in the dead of winter and the heat wave of summer; it remedies all for me, my choice tea!
*I will continue this tomorrow, I am going to get in some light reading before bed tonight; didn’t realize how late it had gotten. I tried to update my reading shelf on the book club to include Sideways Stories from Wayside School as currently reading but it won’t allow it for some reason. It still has the novel I am dying to start just hoping for a few more to join – 3 days and counting- The Night Circus, check it out!